16 September 2008

The bigining...

Hi all.
I am in Horsham, 17 April Close, the flat where I lived for 3 months before starting my walk.


Back to reality and civilization felt great- seeing lots of frineds that I had not met in the whole summer, and seeing Horsham again, a place that I love.

However, back to civilization means back to reality too. I haven´t got a job, or a place to live (unless I pitch my tent in Horsham park, that is a big NO NO).


So, I need to think what to do with the rest of my life. Where do I want to live, and work?

I should say that I have been lucky enough (very lucky actually) to have been offered a job just on arrival, so I should not complain,... I don´t.

It is actually quite exciting: having nothing means that I can look for my life anywhewere I want, and that I can potencially do what i please. But, also, there is uncertanty, and sometimes feels a bit scary. But nothing serious to be honest.


Blisters, numb and sore back, wet, a bit cold sometimes, stiffness, tiredness. I did the walk, I took each step, and another one... But actually, it would not have been possible without the huge support from many of you. Weel. Actually, all of you.

I mean, I really enjoyed hearing and reading your feedback about my blog. You said you liked the pictures, and I think it made you laugh sometimes! Your comments on the blog really motivated me to make a small effort and do a good job of it. I am happy with the result.

That is one thing, one way of support, but there are others, other people that have always been there for me.

First of all my father, mother and sister. Got a call almost everyday!! Then those who joined me for a few days: Lyndon, Karen, Phil, Dyeison, Jez and Dan. Day family, Paco and Will, and that weekend in Ripon. My friends in Spain that called me regularly. Those who generously made some room at their places so that I could have a place to leave my stuff, Ian and Linda, Jeremi, Elena, Julien, Toni and Alicia. And then the people that I met... too many, but I should mention all of you that I met in Fort William (Manchester people, Gaemme and Lorraine family), Alex and its cricket ball, my West Highland Way mates... as I said too many to name everybody.

Thank you very much to everyone.


How many miles?, I was asked more than once.... here is the walk in numbers:

2 countries, 1 crazy walker with his rucksack, tent, matress and sleeping bag. 1 poncho, 2 T-shirts, 2 underpants (kept proplerly clean), 4 pairs of socks, 1 stove with its gas canister, 2 pair of boots, 3 deers, 45 OS maps, 60 cans of fish, 50 cans of creamy Anbrosia rice pudding, around 10 kgr of chocolate, 8 kgr of chocolate biscuits, 200 litres of beer, and some wine and whiskey and cider too, 15 blisters. 100 days, 1000 miles, 2000000 (that´s two million) steps.

And 125978345000 midges (that´s... a hell of a lot!)


That was all. Thank you very much for reading me. I have a fantastic time in your company.

All the best.

Carlos


;)

2 comments:

Lucía said...

Eres un artista,Carlos! Ahora descansa de tu hazaña y ya irás haciendo... ¿ cuando venías a Asturias? Bueno ya estaremos en contacto via facebook ( toy enganchadísima)
Cuídate.

Unknown said...

Just reading your final comments, you have a job? Well that's great! Where and what? Or have I misunderstood your message - about uncertainty, and going wherever you wish?
Tony