7 July 2008

Hi all.

I am in Kiddermisnter



Another Cotswold picture

The nice old lady finally woke up and did not hit the table with her teeth. I did my shopping and i had lunch just after leaving Glocester. Weather was good again, and after the previous day long walk I deserved an easy one. I walked North looking for the river again. At the end of the day, before gettting to the pub, a very nice southern continous wind was blowing, in the severn plane; very nice scent as well.

It is not as bad as it looks like

The camping was run by a pub, the Haw Bridge Inn. The flag made its effect and had a free pint of Waldston, and £15 donation. The camping was fully booked, but they still let me to pith given the size of my tent.


The Severn from Haw Bridge
Planned the next day (saturday) and I decided to got all the way to Wolcester; a long way! Went to bed (ha ha so funny...) early and next day I got up at six am (record!!!!); had a can of rice pudding (arroz con leche), and rock on!
Planning.

It was raining when I woke up but it quickly stopped. The walk was gennerally boring, just lots of planes by the river, with farms. Worth mention Upton Upon Severn, nice village, where I got more donations and bought some medicines for my throat, that was not feeling too bad, but i really don't want it to get worse considering what i am doing. It's better now.

Before getting to Wolcester got another £10 thanks to the flag. I found a B&B, had a deserved shower and dinner and went out. I booked a ticket to the cinema. I saw Hancock, entertaining, not great. I also saw Quantum of Solace trailer, nexst Bond film' and that really looked cool!

Before the film I updated my diary in a lovely Austrian pub. They had Franziskanen. "Heaven, I'm in Heaven..."

Bed (a real one this time) and the best sleep of the trip so far, 8 hours straight. In themorning had a good breakfast and took me too long to pack my things, and boil some pasta for the day, and had a good telling off by the landlady... I left quickly.
Me leaving Wolcester

Went back to town to buy a few maps, and second breakfast, and beagan the walk with a bit of rain. Rain continued on and off, so i had to use the poncho. By the way, I have reduced the time it takes to put the poncho on from 10 minutes to 2 seconds. It's fine art now!!

The plan, for yesterday sunday, was walk until I found a pub to see Nadal's game. I saw the first two sets, until a drunk parrot (woman) got it her way and they change channels to see f****ng Coronation Street (el puto culebron de turno); good!

I left and i continued to walk looking for another pub. I did not find one with a screen and I arrived to the camping. It looked like a scene from Mad Max, with lots of crapy caravans, and not a single tent. A couple of inhabitants, suggested me to stay in the field crossing the double carriage way a 100 yards up the hill, so I walked 3 miles North, and found a lost nice field where to stay






So far I am feeling very well. Having blisters but they are healing quickly.

I have noticed a slight change in people; they are different here compared to the southwest country; can't explain it. I have also picked up a different accent that I can't neither explain nor reproduce, but it is deffenetly different.





My camping field near Hurtlebury

This morning, monday, I woke up quite early again, and I am plaining to walk to a camping west Dudley.
I am starting to feel a bit like a "rolling stone": just head north, and walk, and bit by bit the walk is being done. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing bad in it. I think I am just getting used to it, and the rucksack is feeling lighter and lighter, so I guess I am getting stronger.

I am looking forward to get to the Pennines. I think the scenary will be so much more interesting there.

That is all for now.

All the best

Carlos

3 comments:

reich said...

Hola Crlos, me ha encantado entrar de nuevo por aquí, veo que has tenido de todo, madrugones cansancio heridas, noche durmiendo poco, buen y mal tiempo... pero tb fiesta, conciertos, amigos, admiradores de tu hazaña y mucha mucha cerveza

me encantó ver la foto del ciervo, y mas leer que era de verdad, y que no se asustó ni nada! parece que estaba posando y todo

yo este finde me voy al festival de ortigueira a mimetizarme con las variopintas tribus urbanas, costras, perro-flautas, pies negros, y fumetas en general, a ver si salgo viva

un besazo galleguil y quidate mucho

MAMÁ said...

Holaaaaa!!!!
Soy Olaya..... no sé si es que soy muy torpe con el inglis, o que el traductor del gugel es una patata, pero no nos hemos enterado de la historia de tu amiga la homless, y los dientes clavados en la mesa....(era algo asi, no?).... cuéntanosla en ispanis!!!

Dice mamá que cuides los pies y la garganta.... y que no bebas tanta cerveza, que te vas a convertir en un alcólicu....!!! Jajajajaja!!!

Ánimos y pa´lante!!!

Carlos said...

Hola Reich.

Cuidao con los pies negros!!!!

Lo de la seniora de los dientes era una que se quedo dormida delante del ordenador, y lo del homeless era uno que habia inconsciente en la entrada de la biblioteca que creeyeron que era mi colega... de verda que no llevaba yo tan malas pintas...!!!!