2 July 2008

The perfect hill

Hi all

I am in Bath, and once again i don't have much time for updating the blog. Let's see what I can do.
Last tuesday before the fetival I went up Glastonbury Tor. The place is beautiful: round little hill, with awsome views. The sunset was looking like promising too, but eventually it was not that great. The tor it self is bigger than what I had thought. Took a few pictures and quickly descended the hill as it was quite chilly and i had forgotten my jacket (the same one that I almost eat two days before...)

On the next day I took the shuttle bus to the festival, and the first impressions were really good. A whole valley, ready to party, and hundreds of people arriving to the place. Great! And it was sunny. Put the tents up, and I had a few hours before Paco arrived to the festival, so I took my camera and went exploing.

Lots of people still arriving and stands and stages being put up. Although the music would not begin til friday there was already some music in small places.



Canadian singer. Beautiful voice.

Then Paco arrived. What happened in the following four days, is legend. And I think Paco and I will remember it (most of it...) for ever.


Woo hoo hooooooooo, hoooooo, yeaaaaaaaaaahhhh, WOO HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Musically, I really liked Editors, and Kings of Leon really impressed me; very serious.
We also saw Hot Chip, and I can't get one the of their songs out of my head: "...over and over and over and over...."
Jay Z: Well, I don't know if he fits at Glasto or not, but he is defenetly not my cup of tea. Rubish!!


Taking a break....

And then it was Spain winning the eurocup. Amazing!!!!. We managed to find a place to see it. Dozens of us seeing the final in a 14" screen. It was good.

Celebrations for the victory gave a sore head monday morning. Having to pack things on that state was not fun. Anyway, headache was gone quickly and on monday I walked to Wells; nice place with beautiful Cathedral.

It was an experince to get into the Hills and suddenly, there was no any noise; such a contrast after 5 days of non stop music and people.

Yesterday, the plan was going all the way to Bath. On the map it was a long way, and it was it in reallity too, but I took quite well, and I was not too nackered when I got to the youth hostel. Yesterday walk run through easy walking hills, finally leaving behin the Somerset levels.


Me in Bath. With full gear on.

From Bath (a place that reminds me the city of London), today, I am planning to take the Costwald Way Northbound, and see where I can get.

I would like to add some more coment on the consequences of carrying the ad flag. It is a real pleasure; people don't stop smiling at me. It's thumbs up and horns from cars, as well as silent lips pronouncing "Walking Britain". Really motivating. I was also about to cause a couple of car accidents: people that take too long reading the advert at my back... oops!
That is all from the moment. I hope you are well and thank you for reading me.
Carlos

1 comment:

wonk said...

Hey Carlos!!!

what a weekend!! I am still not completely recovered, physically but particularly mentally.

Here you have the first challenge to get my first 10 pounds for your charity:

I want a picture of you on the driver seat of a convertible with a chatina seating beside you. easy no?

Paco